In 1942 the debonair Englishman, Commander Ian Fleming was sent to Jamaica by Britain’s naval intelligence service on a secret mission. Fleming was in Jamaica only three days but wrote soon afterwards: “I have made up my mind. I’m going to live the rest of my life in Jamaica.”
Hello McCabe World Travelers! Hannah here reporting live from a whirlwind trip to India (finally got a free morning before our 11AM flight to Mumbai, the last city on our itinerary before we sadly have to depart to go back home to the states). It’s been a packed schedule, all so we can see as much as possible in our short 8 nights here…fitting 6 cities into such a restricted time frame is no small feat. My goal is to relay back to clients the tips, tricks, recommendations, and expertise to make your India adventure as amazing as mine has been
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- A complimentary dinner for up to two people per room
- once during the stay , excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities ( 3 course menu, with a minimum value of USD 100 equivalent ) at Jamavar our Indian Specialty Restaurant.
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability
Reporting from the skies after a whirlwind 24 hours in Hong Kong! I’m en route to Bali and so excited to get there, but what a tease to only have 1 night to spend in the energizing city of Hong Kong. When planning my Bali trip, my flight options included flying Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. I knew I had to make time to stop to see this booming modern city. It is the perfect stopover city en route to many Asian destinations from the US and it’s a no brainer – no visa required, everyone speaks English, it’s super safe, and one of the most dynamic modern cities in the world.
- exploring in Soho and Hollywood Road area… a very international and hip neighborhood full of shops, restaurants of every type of cuisine you can think of, galleries and bars.
- visiting a Taoist temple (the oldest in Hong Kong) where they honor the gods of public service and martial arts. The scents were incredible as the ceiling is covered in hanging incense spirals which burn for days.
- the bird park… think “dog park” but for birds. Yes, bird owners bring their birds to the bird park to socialize and chatter with their other bird friends. You wouldn’t want your pet bird to be lonely, would you? The price of real estate in Hong Kong means most people in Hong Kong live in small condos and apartments, so having a larger pet like a dog or cat is not as feasible. Birds make the perfect pocket-size pet!
- taking the ferry across Victoria Harbor. I wish that was my daily commute.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast for two
- $100 USD equivalent Food and Beverage or Spa credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Stay tuned for more of Beth’s adventures as she heads on to Bali here: http://bethvoyage.blogspot.com/